Counter Strike Guns Skin Creator App
Create Counter Strike Global Offensive Skins by painting on 3D Weapon Models. This is more simple than coloring on 2D UV marked images which the professionals do. You have the 3D Model. Just paint on it and get the 2D Image as Skin Output. You can create skin and send it to Valve for inclusion of it in CS:GO.
- Initial Phase
– 3D models (here, low poly guns model) with neat UVs. UV should be island mapped with a decent gap. UVs heatmap should be checked to show as close to one color as possible, otherwise the quality of coloring on the 2D map changes.
– Touch raycast point of collision hitting the 3D Model is considered and paint is drawn upon it in sphere. Everything else is UI and texture, render texture management. Other features include decal paste, color picker, etc.
- App Working Video
– 3D Stickers
a] Custom Stickers: Pick images from Phone Gallery to apply them as stickers on weapon model
b] Default Stickers: Default stickers are available for direct usage
c] Colored Stickers: Picks color from painting section to apply on sticker
d] Undo/Redo available
e] Size of sticker can be controlled
f] Angle of sticker can be controlled
– Color Picker
a] Picks color from entire screen
b] Picked color is directly available in Painting Section
– Geometrical Shapes
a] Use square-like red UI to mask gun part where you don’t want color to be applied
b] Reset them back when masking is finished
– Few Major Guns currently available to Paint
h. Desert Eagle
– How to view skins in CS:GO
1. After creating the skin, click on ‘Export’ button. It will output skin in ‘TGA’ format in ‘DCIM’ folder of your Internal Memory.
2. Close the app and locate the skin in ‘DCIM/CSGO_SkinMaker/ExportedSkins/…’
3. Copy the TGA File to your PC
4. Download a software named ‘VTF Edit’ and load the TGA File by clicking on the ‘New’ icon (which is white colored)
5. Now, click ‘Save’ in VTF Edit and note the VTF file’s location
6. Open CS:GO and write in Console ‘workshop_workbench’
7. Now load the VTF File (You can find many Youtube Tutorials on how to load a VTF File in CSGO Workbench)
8. You can also submit the Skin to Valve (Note: the skin needs to be of res 2048×2048 which is a PRO feature)