Hook Pro 5v5 Game Development (inspired from Dota2’s Arcade)
Hook Pro 5v5 is a 5 versus 5 game. Player controls a Pudge (Butcher) Character with various spell to use like: Meat Hook. The two teams faces off on a rectangular map divided by an uncross-able division. This game is inspired from Valve Corp.’s DOTA2 Arcade Game ‘Pudge Wars’ and ‘1 Hook 1 Kill’.
- Initial Phase
– Idea: Replicating Dota2’s Arcade “1 Hook 1 Kill” or “Pudge Wars” for Android devices.
– Get Pudge 3D Model & Texture form Dota2’s official website. All assets by Valve Corp. are provided free for personal use and project use (limitation on commercial use limited to Youtube videos)
– Make 3D lowpoly Map and hand paint it; basic Main Menu UI leading one click directly to game.
– Make our Character have Humanoid Animation in Unity, so that we can use default walk, run animations.
- Scripting Player (+ UI)
– A fixed joystick for movement. Basically gives vector direction and magnitude to TPC (Third Person Character Controller).
- Scripting AI
Here comes the difficult part: MAKE AN AI to act as close as human does. Before moving towards scripting, here are few pre-built things that are required.
– Nav Mesh Agent and Navigation Area Baking
– TPC Movement
- Future: Multiplayer
– Currently the project include integration of Google Play Games Services (i.e. shows Leaderboards and Achievements)
– The future update of the project will include Online Deathmatch rooms for online play. (Integrated with Photon, currently in progress)